Monday, January 12, 2009

Don’t Cry for Me Argentina

…All through my wild days/My mad existence…

No, I’m not practicing to play Evita on Broadway but I am getting ready to dust off my backpack and hit the road again. I can’t wait to visit Alisa and Nate in Patagonia. Their photos are incredible and I’m excited to have the opportunity to see them and to check out the countryside. And, hey, a little summer weather after a few more weeks of NY winter won’t be too big a hardship.

Thank you, Alisa, for the invitation and to her wonderful, supportive boss who is giving her some time off during my visit. Medical alert to doctors in Argentina/Chile: do not take any time off. There’s always the potential for danger when Alisa and I are traveling together.

In the meantime, I’m plowing my way through a 750-page Che biography – don’t cry for me, (I’m going to) Argentina.

No comments: