Saturday, September 25, 2010

Go figure

It's time to dust off the dormant blog and repurpose it back to its original travelogue. I have a lot of half-finished summer musings and composting updates but will wait to post them. Also, coming soon, by popular demand, I have some favorite recipes queued up to unveil.

As I prepare to hit the road again, it's sobering to know that Alisa has already been making her way to our rendevous. She has long since embarked on her 21-hour, 830-mile bus trek from Bariloche to Buenos Aires. For me it's an easy jump across 5,250 miles in 11 hours and most of that time will be spent sleeping overnight so that I can awake in Bs As. Yes, of course, Alisa could have flown too (a two-hour trip) but when has she ever taken the easy way there when she can have an adventure?!!

I'm so excited to have another opportunity to travel with her. I'm relatively unemcumbered, deciding to go with just a carry-on knapsack. Sorry, sweetie, no stash of peanut butter or the usual treats this trip although I will lug around the requested books and sneak in a few goodies. I'm squeezing in my yoga blanket in case we find a place to practice. But, I won't be stopping by Bariloche to check out Alisa's new place. Instead we'll make our way over to Uruguay so that Alisa can renew her visa and try to get a sampling of what makes Uruguay unique.


PRW

No comments: