Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter Wonderland 2011







Yes, I'm very behind on my posts. Maybe I'll take advantage of this snow holiday to catch up. But, first, a jaunt over to Central Park and a couple of laps around the Reservoir. Beautiful!!!
We've had a lot of snow so far this early in the season. It's been great for skiing. Today the NYC Public Schools were closed. This is only the second time in many years. But, it makes for a nice holiday for those of us whose offices follow the lead of the schools for our days off.

There was almost too much snow for skiing today. I got out early so it was a trek getting over the to Park (unplowed streets and unshoveled sidewalks). There were big drifts and even with skis, I ended up sinking to my knees in many places. There was one hidden dip where I was up to my chest.



Anyway, it was an idyllic setting for enjoying the weather.




No comments: