Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ciao, San Marcos

It's sad to say goodbye to San Marcos. But, Alisa and Guillermo are driving me to Cordoba so I don't have to say goodbye to them yet.

San Marcos is a very cute town with unpaved streets. The water truck comes by several times a day to spray the dusty streets but even in the spring sun, the streets dry as soon as the truck passes.
The bike that I rented for the week takes me everywhere I need to go. The dirt road with the small hills to Alisa's place was treacherous to negotiate between the washboard middle and the soft dirt sides with a one-speed bike. I spun out a couple of times. But, I was able to trade it in for a 18-speed of which the middle five worked and I got up and down the soft hills.
The dogs liked to bark and chase after me until I manage to collide with one that was running after a little boy. I saw and avoided the boy but ran square into the dog. After that the dogs stayed clear of me. Of course, that just could be that they became familiar with me but I'd like to think that I gained a reputation in the doggy network.

Leaving San Marcos, we took a scenic road to Cordoba and passed a mother pig and her little piglets.

No comments: